Duplicate slides

Often when I upload a PowerPoint file, I end up with a few duplicate slides. Sometimes two duplicates in a row, sometimes slide not (so slides #5 and #6 might repeat as #7 and #8). Have other folks had this problem? Any fixes?

I’m in the 30 day trial period, but it’s happened several times.

Yes I get it all the time, I think it’s how the slides are created originally that creates the duplicates, so if slides have been copied in the PowerPoint this may cause duplicates or if slides have been cut n pasted.

Guy

1 Like

Thank you @guy.dunn. Glad it’s not just me.

Definitely I do a lot of copy-n-pate of slides in PowertPoint, so this is an unfortunate bug. It looks like in presentation manager you can’t actually delete slides after uploading them. But you can mark them as hidden. Is that the best work around /fix when you have dups?

Yes, just hide them. When it goes to on-demand the hidden slide disappear.

Guy

1 Like

I don’t recall seeing duplicate slides after uploading, but I do often find that a slides are not in the right order … so you have to look closely and make sure the presenters review the slide order well in advance as a second eye.

I’ve seen it happen when i copy a webcast. the easiest thing to do in that case is hide them using the story board organizer. But you definitely want to try pressing the F5 key to refresh your browser. If that doesn’t make them disappear, you can shut ON24, clear your cache and come back in. That usually fixes duplicates slides. It’s magic. :slight_smile:

I’ve had this happen multiple times and chatted with a support tech to see what was causing it. They informed me it happens when you copy a webcast and it will create duplicates from the original slides that are also included in any slides you reupload over the original. They suggested not copying a webinar, but rather creating a template without any slides uploaded. IMO, this almost defeats the purpose of creating a copy of an event to streamline work when it causes another issue.

1 Like

I’ve seen this when an updated PPT has been uploaded in an attempt to overwrite the existing/original PPT. Best advice I can provide is to NOT upload your PPT until about 24 hours before your event, that way you have time to make any last minute updates/edits. Hope this is helpful.